VYON® and GURON® are filter materials made from porous, low pressure polyethylene manufactured using a modern sinter process. The individual polymers melt at their contact points to form an open-pored filter material.
VYON® and GURON® are porous plastics and therefore used in depth filters. They act as good filter material because they trap particles on their surfaces and in the labyrinth-like paths through the material. The filtering effect can be increased by increasing the thickness of the material or the wall thickness.
VYON® and GURON® can be used as a filter material or as part of a filter system. They can also be used to make a gas permeable membrane for ventilating liquid or powder media.
VYON® and GURON® are highly versatile materials and therefore suitable for a wide range of applications in practically all branches of industry. You'll find filter media made from these versatile material in the cosmetics and medical technology industry, too.
Applications using VYON® and GURON®
- Separating solids from gases and liquids
- Ventilation and venting of solid, gaseous and liquid media.
- Pressure compensation in batteries and flasks
- In medical technology
- for soundproofing
- in sensing and measurement technology
- Filter elements for the photographic industry
- Filter units for vacuum conveying systems
- very good resistance to corrosion and chemical attack
- low weight
- very cost-effective
- physiologically safe
- easy to recycle and therefore environment friendly
- hydrophobic (standard) and hydrophilic versions available
- good temperature resistance at steady state temperatures up to + 80°C